EMC International takes the Bayou?????

Discuss people, hunters, jumpers, equitation, horses, and ponies.

Re: EMC International takes the Bayou?????

Postby honestly? » Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:31 pm

Did you hear the latest? Evan and his two girls just never emerged from their camper one day last week. Their horses were standing around tacked up and braided and Evan just never showed up. ...OD'd????
honestly?

Postby I Hate Peas » Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:46 am

Well, at least he found a braider.
I Hate Peas

Postby SteelMagnolia » Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:41 pm

EMC is past tense to the Big Easy - searching for the path forward from Gulfport. I guess those southern belles weren't that stupid, just a little slow on the uptake.
SteelMagnolia

Postby CHESTNUTMARE79 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:55 pm

Yeah Equest was looking for a head groom recently. I guess I now know why. I did a reference for a trainer there in like 2011, no clue if it's the same owners. Seemed nice, but they also seem to go through a lot of staff.
CHESTNUTMARE79

Postby The Blue Pony » Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:33 am

Word on the Bayou is that Evan and his assistant Becca were fired from Equest after horse doping at Gulfport, no showing to classes after drug benders, using client's checks to finance their horses (other's?) at the horse show, and the selling of drugged horses.
The Blue Pony

Postby SteelMagnolia » Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:53 pm

Word travels fast. Batman and his side kick fired last Wednesday, the owners of Equest had enough of him and his bad habits. EMC believes in "better living through chemistry" for himself and his horses.
SteelMagnolia

Postby ShowMom » Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:05 am

Rumor on the road says headed back to Gulfport. Or perhaps a nice fresh start in Aiken or Georgia.
ShowMom

Postby Nonono » Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:34 am

I worked for EMC for a month. It was truly one of worst experiences of my life. He deserves every shitty thing that comes his way. I just feel bad for his manager, she has major Stockholm Syndrome.
Nonono

Postby wanderwoman » Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:02 pm

Equestrian doesn't keep anyone tho. Didn't they employ Robbie Hunt at one point? And a couple people who opted out of the horse biz altogether after their experiences there?
wanderwoman

Postby horsepuckies » Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:08 pm

Robbie Hunt? Haven't heard that name in a while. Yuck. these people clearly have no standards. That money and sense thing.
horsepuckies

Postby 1.50mjumper » Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:09 am

Equest has had the same owners for nearly 20 years. "The three sisters". They have gone through dozens of trainers. They are not easy to work for because they don't know what they really want, other than for the person they hire to do the work of four professionals, a lot of pro bono work 'helping out' & all in the raging heat of a Louisiana summer. Oh and they want to make a sizable cut of every cent you make. lessons, rides, shows. I can personally attest to this, I lasted there for about 6 months nearly 12 years ago, then 30 days more recently (I gave them my notice the first week when everything we had discussed prior, completely changed after I moved in.)
They have low tolerance for B.S., so I'm not surprised Batman got fired.
I overheard someone saying at Gulfport that working for Equest and the sisters amounted to 'career suicide'.
Just a warning for anyone considering a move to the sunny swamp.
1.50mjumper

Postby relevance » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:45 am

Hello everyone. I am an owner of one of the horses that Evan has in his sales program. I unfortunately am one of the idiots that trusted this criminal with my time and money - lots of money. I haven't been able to contact him and haven't heard anything about my horse in months and I live halfway across the country. I had him tracked down to Equest Farm and Gulfport, but now that he has fled I need help finding him again so I can take my horse back. If anyone has any information on his current where a bouts please post a reply. I hope the USEF gets him good.
relevance

Postby relevance » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:47 am

Hello everyone. I am an owner of one of the horses that Evan has in his sales program. I unfortunately am one of the idiots that trusted this criminal with my time and money - lots of money. I haven't been able to contact him and haven't heard anything about my horse in months and I live halfway across the country. I had him tracked down to Equest Farm and Gulfport, but now that he has fled I need help finding him again so I can take my horse back. If anyone has any information on his current where a bouts please post a reply. I hope the USEF gets him good.
relevance

Postby newcomer » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:51 am

Evan is in Wellington.
newcomer

Postby el insider » Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:12 pm

well relevance i would ask you the name of your horse however i would imagine he/she has a whole new identity at this point. good luck.
el insider

Postby Leicoconut » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:14 pm

He's working for Raylyn Farms at:

4985 Stables Way
Wellington, FL

Barn entrance is off 50th street (farm is at the intersection of Stables Way and 50th)

Enjoy :)
Leicoconut

Postby Annabella » Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:53 pm

relevance ive been following this thread and i am confused by your latest post where you said evan has one of your horses and that you live halfway across the country and that you havent been able to get in contact with him for months and you havent anything about your horse. but just a few weeks ago you posted that you were at the show in gulfport and you personally saw him and didnt say anything about your sale horse. this last post also doesnt seem to jive with the other posts. something seems fishy in your story line.

relevance wrote:Hello everyone. I am an owner of one of the horses that Evan has in his sales program. I unfortunately am one of the idiots that trusted this criminal with my time and money - lots of money. I haven't been able to contact him and haven't heard anything about my horse in months and I live halfway across the country. I had him tracked down to Equest Farm and Gulfport, but now that he has fled I need help finding him again so I can take my horse back. If anyone has any information on his current where a bouts please post a reply. I hope the USEF gets him good.
Annabella

Postby OldLadyinPurple » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:34 pm

Where after Wellington? Maybe he'll show up in Aiken for variety of Texas. Seems like if you want to reach Evan you should use contact info in recent post for the very brief period it is likely to be useful.
OldLadyinPurple

Postby Mystara » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:01 am

Leicoconut wrote:He's working for Raylyn Farms at

Not for long... I doubt the Littles would put up with any shenanigans
Mystara

Postby relevance » Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:57 am

Annabella it's a very complicated situation as it is everything involved with Evan.
relevance

PreviousNext

Return to Diva Horse Show News