GABA DUO Larry & Kelley Do over?

Discuss people, hunters, jumpers, equitation, horses, and ponies.

GABA DUO Larry & Kelley Do over?

Postby ShowMom » Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:01 pm

Buried in a release that said blah, blah, we're spending time and money for a do over.

"The Federation strongly believes that the initial hearing was conducted in accordance with Federation rules and supports the penalties imposed by the Hearing Committee during that first hearing. USEF President Murray Kessler stated, “Despite the fact that a fair hearing was conducted with proper notification to the respective parties, as noted by the Hearing Committee in its ruling, given that this was the first case in which the new Board of Directors approved penalty guidelines were utilized, the extremely serious nature of the violations, and the substantial penalties imposed, the Federation did not object to a rehearing and, therefore, supports the Hearing Committee’s decision.” Kessler continued, “This case is too important in the USEF’s steadfast goal to enforce the Drugs & Medications rules intended to prevent cheating in our sport. There can be no remote shadow of doubt that all of our cases are handled in a transparent manner.”

Okay. They got a really, really big nastygram from the GABA Duo's lawyers, I'm guessing.

So I'm sure they'll give the same consideration to Joe Jumper and his faithful steed Alabama Princess Sure. Cleaning up.
ShowMom

Re: GABA DUO Larry & Kelley Do over?

Postby lillie » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:01 pm

USEquestrian is eliminating any chance of a successful appeal by giving them a do over. The decision will be the same. Pretty sure they did a rehearing with one of the other GABA decisions a year or two ago and reached the same result.
lillie

Postby ShowMom » Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:17 am

I completely agree. The do-over is a clear admission that USEF isn't willing or able to actually hold lawyered up violators to a standard.

I had high hopes. Now I just see the highly relaxed hunters and walk on by.

If Larry Glefke, not exactly a paragon of historically good behavior, can bully his way to a do over by hiring some letterhead, we may as well stop sending the drug testers out to stand in the California heat.
ShowMom

Postby durmstrang » Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:29 am

The result will be the same. If you read into it, usef said they will not re-try anything into relation to the science. The lawyer said that isn't fair, that they do want to challenge the science. Usef is closing the door on an appeal based on not having been notified. They can now walk away clean with "we proved the science already, they felt the process was applied incorrectly, so we gave them time to come back, essentially an appeal, and still no" honestly, a smart move on USEF's part. It goes to court and they can point to this as evidence that they gave the duo every possible avenue.
durmstrang

Postby OldLadyinPurple » Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:39 pm

Clean as a whistle i how they'll come out when Dewy Cheat em and How is done helping the USEF see the liability of accountability. Sucks to be too down ticket to have a lawyer on staff.
OldLadyinPurple

Postby Mini » Wed May 17, 2017 8:39 am

Was there a rehearing? If not, when is it?
Mini

Postby OldLadyinPurple » Sat May 27, 2017 11:10 am

Not a peep about this after the lawyer's showed up. Any news? Anyone?
OldLadyinPurple

Postby benzo » Wed May 31, 2017 8:37 am

looks like they're on to something. i hope they burn the USE lololol jokes on kessler for publicly shaming them. they have the money and the connections to go all the way. can't wait to see what happens now

http://www.ratemyhorsepro.com/glefke-fa ... a-dispute/
benzo

Postby kissmyasss » Wed May 31, 2017 7:08 pm

Larry and Kelley are not screwing around. They hired top toxicologist Bruce Goldberger. Google that man's name. He is famous for casey anthony, roger clemons and alex rodriguez toxicology cases. he has testified in over 200 legal cases all over the world. sounds like usef is gonna get an ear full. But we all know they will lose anyway even with obvious cheating by usef. hopefully the USOC takes it seriously.
kissmyasss

Postby Stace » Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:37 am

I completely don't get what or why the USOC has governance over the USEF? It's not like it's a "Jumper" case, it's the Hunters. Can someone 'splain?
Stace

Postby benzo » Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:31 am

USEF holds quantifying events for the USOC. They perform drug tests at those events, and test them at their labs. It's negligence on the USEF's end and if the USOc finds fault they can put them on probation. It's bigger than just kelley & larry. this is everyone's tests
benzo

Postby durmstrang » Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:22 pm

^^ this. Also, due to Olympic qualifiers held, the usoc has jurisdiction over usef, excuse me, USE's actions, regardless of discipline.
durmstrang

Postby Stace » Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:37 pm

Benzo, Durmstrang...thanks.

Mimi asked a question earlier about if anyone had heard anything about the hearing. In this editorial piece published on June 8th, on Chronicle site, there is info that references the hearing being "next week" (which would have been this week). Will be interesting to hear further info and outcomes.

This piece is just an offshoot of the doping case, and transparency. It's not a piece focused on the hearing nor suspension, etc.
Stace

Postby Mini » Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:24 pm

Read this in the rate my horse article, "Glefke and Farmer answer the GABA charge before USEF’s Hearing Committee on June 6."
Mini

Postby callie » Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:31 am

Interesting if their hearing was June 6 and it's now June 17 and we've heard nothing? After the last e-mail blast to members with the suspension information, you'd think USEF would be all over patting themselves on the back, if their initial suspension had been upheld.
callie

Postby el insider » Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:34 am

tho i am hardly an expert when it comes to the usef i could be wrong but i believe they take maybe 30 to 60 days for the hearing committee to make the decision.
el insider

Postby callie » Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:30 am

I think in this case, tho, we should have an answer much sooner. The big suspension for both is supposed to start July 1, so we should hear something before that.
callie

Postby kissmyasss » Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:10 am

It would be shocking for usef to issue an order before 90 days which it has never done with complicated hearings. supposedly the hearing was two full days and alot of information was spewed. Hopefully usef doesnt rush to judgment too soon because the usoc issue is very ripe. i hope they make the transcript public so everyone can read it because i hate getting third hand information. better to read it in black and white.

pissed there was no online showing of what goes on in that silly room
kissmyasss

Postby el insider » Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:27 am

am slightly confused. if the USOC can prove the USEF didnt operate under their proper guidelines can the USOC have the USEF shut down or appoint a whole new management ??
el insider

Postby kissmyasss » Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:30 pm

That is what I read that if USOC determines USEF violated their NGB status then USEF gets suspended or even lose their status and then some other organization can bid for the equestrian NGB status. Why hasnt some other organization stood up to take their place. I would think some group would welcome the change to nail usef and take over. where are the Jacobs when you need them.
kissmyasss

Next

Return to Diva Horse Show News