GABA DUO Larry & Kelley Do over?

Discuss people, hunters, jumpers, equitation, horses, and ponies.

Re: GABA DUO Larry & Kelley Do over?

Postby benzo » Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:08 pm

lol i'm friends with some people that drug test at shows around from where i'm located. they take the samples back to the vet office they're from and then ship them. so no they don't go sit in a random refrigerator in someone's garage
benzo

Postby el insider » Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:31 pm

anyone read that open letter thing in the chronicle ?? i was bored by paragraph 2 kept at it a little longer lol when i got to the part where he talks about that old hosebag debbie buchanan thrn my stomach started to churn lol then just skipped on to something better.
el insider

Postby john galt » Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:38 pm

Bonnie will tear this apart like a bull dog - go Bonnie!
Transparency is key
john galt

Postby john galt » Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:39 pm

Have to add, if you've ever stabled next to those two at Indoors, they start pretttty early in the day getting them "sound" - It's a nightmare
john galt

Postby el insider » Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:32 pm

'long trot" lol i just cant........
el insider

Postby lillie » Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:37 pm

el insider wrote:anyone read that open letter thing in the chronicle ?? i was bored by paragraph 2 kept at it a little longer lol when i got to the part where he talks about that old hosebag debbie buchanan thrn my stomach started to churn lol then just skipped on to something better.

Started it. Realized I was reading a ripoff of Lance Armstrong's 2012 open letter/statement claiming a witch hunt so I too moved on to something better. Have fun stormin the castle, Lar.
lillie

Postby rickyanne » Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:02 pm

Well, it seems unfortunately in this case, the drug tester stored the sample in her private refrigerator inside her private residence. The fact that the testing took place at Kentucky Horse park home of USEF headquarters, i.e. Drug testing headquarters lab makes this all the more unbelievable and disturbing. Members want accountability. Storing drug samples in your house, garage etc is not what we are paying for. Pitiful, at best.
rickyanne

Postby el insider » Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:10 am

rickyanne wrote:Well, it seems unfortunately in this case, the drug tester stored the sample in her private refrigerator inside her private residence. The fact that the testing took place at Kentucky Horse park home of USEF headquarters, i.e. Drug testing headquarters lab makes this all the more unbelievable and disturbing. Members want accountability. Storing drug samples in your house, garage etc is not what we are paying for. Pitiful, at best.
i am not a fan of either of them but thats exactly my thought rickyanne. now say they never found out about this improper storage of the tests ?? makes one wonder HOW MANY other people have had their horses samples stored in this manner ?? lot of backlog for the USEF if people decide they want to know this type of thing. its always a matter of passing the buck and saying how terrible so and so is for getting set down until you get a bad test. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: as one person has said before make it mandatory for champion and reserve then do a random here or there.
el insider

Postby rickyanne » Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:48 pm

Class Action Lawsuit Possibilities for all people set down over last several years for drug :lol: violations. Lol. :lol: :lol:
rickyanne

Postby durmstrang » Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:05 pm

Neither here nor there, but the USEF drug office isn't at KHP or Lexington. Somewhere in Ohio, I think?
durmstrang

Postby Stace » Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:57 am

Yep, the sad thing is, the improper procedure and seemingly non-standard testing and treatment of the samples could render anyone--even the innocent one time tested-suspended for long periods of time. I've no doubt in my opinion that the Lane Change horses were drug assisted, but now, the way this was handled- if the USE just decides to point a finger at you because they are cracking down on doping, then you're toast.

There are other comments around the web about how wonderful it is the USE is cracking down on doping, but what Mr. and Mrs. Our Kid Has Big Dreams don't realize is it could happen to them just as easily, if the association decides that's what's happening today at Your Horse Show.

I applaud the crackdown, the doping needs to stop. But, the USE is corrupt and there is a world of fixing to do there!! Hell, Kessler made his fortune by manufacturing cigarettes. BLood money. And you were expecting better from him??????
Stace

Postby el insider » Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:13 pm

There are other comments around the web about how wonderful it is the USE is cracking down on doping, but what Mr. and Mrs. Our Kid Has Big Dreams don't realize is it could happen to them just as easily, if the association decides that's what's happening today at Your Horse Show.

I applaud the crackdown, the doping needs to stop. But, the USE is corrupt and there is a world of fixing to do there!! Hell, Kessler made his fortune by manufacturing cigarettes. BLood money. And you were expecting better from him??????
oh yeh the facebook fucks are having a field day with this and of course its always easy to point that finger until ur the one in the back section of the usef mag.
el insider

Postby lillie » Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:38 pm

[quote="durmstrang"]Neither here nor there, but the USEF drug office isn't at KHP or Lexington. Somewhere in Ohio, I think?[/

The federation's testing lab is at Coldstream in Lexington. It used to be in Ithaca NY. The d&m office people are at the main office at KHP.
lillie

Postby Drawstring » Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:18 pm

Anyone capable of tampering with samples, and able to create accurate nanograms/deciliter blood concentrations, with a couple of CCs of blood (in sealed vacutainers are indeed geniuses. My hat is off to them regardless of which refrigerator it's stored in.
Drawstring

Postby el insider » Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:07 pm

a needle can go through a rubber stopper at the top of those containers and no one would know.
el insider

Postby lillie » Sat Jul 08, 2017 4:27 pm

el insider wrote:a needle can go through a rubber stopper at the top of those containers and no one would know.

I seem to get tested a lot lately (witch hunt!) and I really don't pay that much attention when they are doing their thing but I am pretty sure there is a tamper seal that goes OVER the rubber stopper. Plus wouldn't injecting the stopper break the vacuum and wouldn't there be additional liquid beyond the amount set by the vacutainer? I thought these safeguards were the whole point of the vacutainer system.
lillie

Previous

Return to Diva Horse Show News