GABA DUO Larry & Kelley Do over?

Discuss people, hunters, jumpers, equitation, horses, and ponies.

Re: GABA DUO Larry & Kelley Do over?

Postby horsepuckies » Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:10 pm

I love that they named a horse Presumed Innocent. Pretty ballsy.
horsepuckies

Postby Mini » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:28 pm

Still no news? I thought the suspensions are supposed to start July 1st?
Mini

Postby Mini » Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:43 am

Still no news? I thought the suspensions are supposed to start July 1st?

http://www.chronofhorse.com/article/fro ... n-a-window
Mini

Postby el insider » Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:43 am

20170630_123850.png
huh
20170630_123850.png (145.32 KiB) Viewed 3040 times
ok i know those two hookers show A LOT but that seems like an awfully high number ?? hard to read those rate the horse pro articles as they are so poorly written but skimmed thru this one for a minute.
el insider

Postby lillie » Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:49 am

That would be getting tested once a week every week for over 67 years for Kelley, and once a week every week for over 144 years for Larry. Sure, that happened.
lillie

Postby el insider » Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:03 pm

lol
el insider

Postby horsepuckies » Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:52 pm

Press release at 1:30. The hearing committee found them guilty again. Suspensions begin on July 1.

Glefke and Farmer Penalized For Doping Violations by the United States Equestrian Federation Hearing Committee
by US Equestrian Communications Department | Jun 30, 2017, 1:31 PM EST
Lexington, Ky. - The United States Equestrian Federation (USEF) Hearing Committee held a rehearing on June 6 and 7 in a doping case against Kelley Farmer and Larry Glefke. The case involved the presence of the forbidden substance GABA in the horse UNEXPECTED at a 2016 USEF Licensed Competition.
As a result of this rehearing, the Hearing Committee once again found that both Farmer and Glefke violated the Federation rules due to the unpermitted presence of GABA in UNEXPECTED. As a result, and in accordance with the applicable Penalty Guidelines, the Hearing Committee imposed a penalty of 18 months suspension and fine of $18,000 against Farmer and a penalty of 24 months suspension and a fine of $24,000 against Glefke.
The suspensions are set to begin on July 1, 2017. Hearing Committee took into consideration Farmer’s prior reserpine doping offense, as well as Glefke’s prior reserpine doping offense and recent Acepromazine violation coupled with the filing of false medication report forms for several horses at an April 2015 competition. The Hearing Committee noted that Glefke has attempted to avoid the financial aspects of his suspension that began February 1, 2017 by shifting certain horses that he previously trained to Farmer as the new trainer. Moreover, they found that Farmer was equally responsible for these efforts to circumvent the impact of Glefke’s Feburary 1 suspension. She took these horses to competitons during this suspension. This contributed to the determination of the penalty.
USEF President Murray Kessler commented, “Clean sport is one of the highest priorities for this Federation and is the one that our members value the most. I commend the Hearing Committee for their strong decision in this case. It represents their commitment to the enforcement of the rules and a desire to rid our sport of cheaters.”
Farmer and Glefke petitioned the Federation for a rehearing, claiming they had not been properly notified of the alleged violation or hearing. At that time, USEF President Murray Kessler explained that “[d]espite the fact that a fair hearing was conducted with proper notification to the respective parties, that this was the first case in which the new Board of Directors’ approved penalty guidelines were utilized, the extremely serious nature of the violations, and the substantial penalties imposed, the Federation did not object to a rehearing.”
In response to the request for a rehearing, the USEF agreed to it subject to two conditions, including that the rehearing must be held promptly so that a ruling could be issued prior to July 1, the date upon which the suspensions in the original decision were to commence. Glefke and Farmer agreed to the conditions. The Hearing Committee granted the request and put the parties on notice that suspensions levied in the resulting decision, if any, would commence on July 1.
horsepuckies

Postby callie » Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:33 pm

Okay. Since Larry's out for two years and Kelley for 18 months, who gets the ride on Kodachrome now?
callie

Postby benzo » Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:03 pm

i'll be the first to say i can't stand larrys dumb ass, but i hope to God that they fucking win. in his statement to the chronicle he said he was going to take it all the way. he has his meeting with the usoc and he's suing the lab. hopefully something outside of the usef's bullshit "court" will give them some lead way. i hope he wins and fucks the usef and kessler.
benzo

Postby kirbydog » Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:58 am

callie wrote:Okay. Since Larry's out for two years and Kelley for 18 months, who gets the ride on Kodachrome now?

Somewhere in Heaven, Russell Frey is crying....... :(
kirbydog

Postby Stace » Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:10 pm

oh....I think there was far more than a natural amount of GABA in that horse!!

But also think the USE was kangaroo court on this one. I think any outside court will uphold USE's decision as it is a "private" association--also see Tom Brady Suspension, courts did not interfere with the league's rules, decision.

Benzo, care to elaborate??? You think Glefke was innocent, or you're just anti Kessler??? :)
Stace

Postby benzo » Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:49 pm

eh i can't speculate as to if he's innocent or not. i definitely don't think he gave it carolina gold, like he said in the transcripts he's not stupid. did he give it something else that made its GABA levels go up? maybe

and i am anti kessler lol that whole family

larrys lawyer has pretty solid defense. i think suing the lab is a super smart move. read the closing arguments if you don't feel like reading the whole thing. basically the use lab is producing quantative results without being accredited which is illegal. the method isn't valid. it's bogus. that bonnie navin is a smart lady. i just want them to win.

honestly we used carolina gold before it became illegal and all it did was make the horses sweat profusely. they rode the same and didn't feel any different. i don't get where they're coming with the whole horses dropping dead falling over thing
benzo

Postby gossipgirl » Sat Jul 01, 2017 5:33 pm

benzo wrote:
honestly we used carolina gold before it became illegal and all it did was make the horses sweat profusely. they rode the same and didn't feel any different. i don't get where they're coming with the whole horses dropping dead falling over thing

So you want Larry to win because you're for drugging horses? I'm sorry but I don't dislike the kesslers enough to hope cheaters are winning. My barn shows against Kelley and Larry quite often and if Larry isn't around (I can think of two shows in particular) it goes HORRIBLY. Horses are unrideable and Kelley walked out of the ring a few times. That to me speaks volumes. And no it is not because he is the trainer. She knows plenty. I don't disagree there was a huge mishandling of evidence, but the USEF is right every time it was tested it came back over the limit.

I think they need to serve their punishment, and the USEF needs to use a new lab to handle blood samples from now on.
gossipgirl

Postby benzo » Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:00 pm

nope not what i'm saying. i'm saying it's not the death drug they're making it out to be. that's all. i'm not wanting larry and kelley to win so they can continue to drug and win lol and you must not show against them too often. they often have horses hat don't go well, whether larry be there or not. i had a friend send a pregreen horse to them and it wouldn't go around haha so if they're the magic druggin wonders why couldn't they get it to jump a course of jumps without loosing its shit. they pick winners, look at the unexpected horse. it's winning with an amateur.
benzo

Postby gossipgirl » Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:37 pm

I don't think they drug every horse, but the horses that need it certainly get it. I do think they are both certainly talented, and yes the horses are all of a high quality. But they do get help. And I know some drugs they use don't test. Say whatever you want, but these are all facts.

Yes plenty of their horses have gone onto great careers with amateurs but a lot have also just fallen off the face of the earth.

I just think they can be quite the chemists when they decide to and clearly this was one of those times.
gossipgirl

Postby kissmyasss » Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:30 pm

Benzo - i took your advice and read the closing arguments. The bottom line is USEF is off the mark on this and someone has to get down in the weeds and figure it out. Then I went and read the entire transcript. If people don't read it they can't understand the magnitude of problems under the USEF regime. Did anyone catch the lab director say he didnt know why the reslts were so far off and they would like to know to fix it....what the fuck was that
kissmyasss

Postby rickyanne » Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:27 pm

I like the part where the drug tester took the sample home and put in his/her personal refrigerator. I'm sorry. People need to read the transcripts. USEF needs to get their act together
rickyanne

Postby lillie » Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:20 pm

rickyanne wrote:I like the part where the drug tester took the sample home and put in his/her personal refrigerator. I'm sorry. People need to read the transcripts. USEF needs to get their act together

I read the transcripts. As I recall, it was a refrigerator in the testing vet's garage that she uses to store samples as a part of her vet practice, not the "personal refrigerator" in her kitchen. Testing vets around the country have to store the samples before shipping them to the lab all the time. Just because this show happened to be at the KY horse park doesn't mean that the testing vet needs to deliver the samples to USEq every night. Vets safely store blood and urine before sending them out for testing every day in this country, and given the mobile nature of an equine practice, many of them do it on their own property. I guess if the membership wants to fork out even more money, we could pay for armored trucks to pick up the samples every night at every horse show all around the country and transport them under lock and key immediately to the lab in KY.
lillie

Postby el insider » Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:38 am

couldnt DISAGREE with you more. absolutely should not be stored anywhere but the USEF lab. not for nothing they charge a drug fee every fuckin time seems to be enough money to power up an extra freezer or regridge. i could give a rats about those two coke whores but in this case they have a vaild point.
el insider

PreviousNext

Return to Diva Horse Show News