Bernhard Maier -- WTF?!

Discuss people, hunters, jumpers, equitation, horses, and ponies.

Bernhard Maier -- WTF?!

Postby Mystara » Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:55 pm

Anyone here know who this ass-clown is... and can perhaps tell us why someone thought it'd be a good idea to even let him jump crossrails, much less a class of this level??

You know you suck, when the audience is yelling at you to stop jumping. :shock:

VIDEO:
https://www.facebook.com/10399632694707 ... 312801122/

I'm glad he was banned, but I'd really like to know the training situation here:
Self-taught? Or just too rich for some desperate trainer to ever say "no" to?
Mystara
 
Posts: 81
Joined: Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:49 am

Re: Bernhard Maier -- WTF?!

Postby CHESTNUTMARE79 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:57 pm

Not so simple. That horse comes with a boatload of baggage. Check the horse's fei record and you'll see he has been passed around a lot with basically zero success and some real messes.

Rider was dumb but horse needs a new career.
CHESTNUTMARE79
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:30 pm

Re: Bernhard Maier -- WTF?!

Postby Mystara » Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:42 am

CHESTNUTMARE79 wrote:Not so simple. That horse comes with a boatload of baggage. Check the horse's fei record and you'll see he has been passed around a lot with basically zero success and some real messes.

Oh come on, it's laughable to look at that video and try to pin it even partially on the horse.

I get that a single round doesn't paint a full picture, and I'm sure that this horse is no winner; but it seems to go just fine when in capable hands:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okfyDGMm8oo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0pbZMxWoL0

Nah, it ain't the horse. This disaster above was 99.9% man-made, if not more.
Mystara
 
Posts: 81
Joined: Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:49 am

Re: Bernhard Maier -- WTF?!

Postby timefaults » Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:48 am

Ya but you could just retire. Sometimes things aren't going your way but IMO he's being suspended for not having the good sense to retire, not just bad riding.
timefaults
 
Posts: 59
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:03 pm

Re: Bernhard Maier -- WTF?!

Postby JumpCrew » Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:13 am

Why was he allowed to continue at all? I would hope the officials might have been sounding the exit tone.
JumpCrew
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:55 pm

Re: Bernhard Maier -- WTF?!

Postby Synn » Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:18 pm

CHESTNUTMARE79 wrote:That horse comes with a boatload of baggage.

Maybe so, but I don't see how anyone could blame the horse for this. It's got 10 tons of hardware in its mouth, the rider never once lets go, and he manages to miss on every single approach that he attempts. No horse would make it around like that.

Shame on the officials for letting this continue.
Synn
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:54 pm

Re: Bernhard Maier -- WTF?!

Postby megabucks » Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:25 pm

Imagine if in the US every bad rider/horse combination got suspended.? There would be very few people left competeing. lol
megabucks
 
Posts: 53
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:48 pm

Re: Bernhard Maier -- WTF?!

Postby Mystara » Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:48 pm

megabucks wrote:Imagine if in the US every bad rider/horse combination got suspended.? There would be very few people left competeing. lol

Yeah, but all jokes aside, there's a definitive difference between "bad" and "inexcusably dangerous."
This was definitely the latter.
Mystara
 
Posts: 81
Joined: Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:49 am

Re: Bernhard Maier -- WTF?!

Postby California3 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:59 am

Mystara wrote:
CHESTNUTMARE79 wrote:Not so simple. That horse comes with a boatload of baggage. Check the horse's fei record and you'll see he has been passed around a lot with basically zero success and some real messes.

Oh come on, it's laughable to look at that video and try to pin it even partially on the horse.

I get that a single round doesn't paint a full picture, and I'm sure that this horse is no winner; but it seems to go just fine when in capable hands:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okfyDGMm8oo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0pbZMxWoL0

Nah, it ain't the horse. This disaster above was 99.9% man-made, if not more.



So the horse has a boat load of baggage and this guy choose to ride it in a bigger class. And that's partially the horses fault? Rider clearly not able to handle that horse so it's riders fault. Hopefully the rider didn't do anything behind closed doors.
California3
 
Posts: 88
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2015 9:20 pm

Re: Bernhard Maier -- WTF?!

Postby bigeqrider » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:15 pm

Nobody should be commenting on the riders ability until they have ridden a horse that is pushing back that hard on you when you get to a jump. He probably just wanted the horse to understand that just stopping in the show ring wasnt an option and with a bad record that is probably what the horse had learned.
bigeqrider
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:43 pm

Re: Bernhard Maier -- WTF?!

Postby Mystara » Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:46 am

bigeqrider wrote:Nobody should be commenting on the riders ability until they have ridden a horse that is pushing back that hard on you when you get to a jump. He probably just wanted the horse to understand that just stopping in the show ring wasnt an option and with a bad record that is probably what the horse had learned.

Exxxxxcept that that horse has gone just fine under multiple other people, and at higher levels.

The only thing he was teaching it, is how jump with its neck pointed straight up while smashing through poles.
Mystara
 
Posts: 81
Joined: Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:49 am

Re: Bernhard Maier -- WTF?!

Postby el insider » Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:11 pm

pretty damn rough. think the way he piled thru the first jump was a pretty clear indication something was amiss. then when he halfway gets him there he rewards him by jacking his jaw off. ugh
el insider
 
Posts: 1760
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:09 pm

Re: Bernhard Maier -- WTF?!

Postby California3 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:52 pm

Not sure how anyone blames the horse here. Humans need to be smart enough to know what to ride, when to ride, what class to ride it in, when to stop, etc.
California3
 
Posts: 88
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2015 9:20 pm

Re: Bernhard Maier -- WTF?!

Postby CHESTNUTMARE79 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:07 pm

California3 wrote:Not sure how anyone blames the horse here. Humans need to be smart enough to know what to ride, when to ride, what class to ride it in, when to stop, etc.


Sadly people aren't.

Which is why there's a ground jury who should have stepped in but didn't. It's absurd to punish this rider only after the video came out and not to equally admonish/suspend the ground jury who allowed the ride to continue.
CHESTNUTMARE79
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:30 pm


Return to Diva Horse Show News

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 2 guests