Mario Deslauriers riding for Canada again

Discuss people, hunters, jumpers, equitation, horses, and ponies.

Mario Deslauriers riding for Canada again

Postby OldMare » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:27 pm

OldMare

Re: Mario Deslauriers riding for Canada again

Postby timefaults » Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:23 am

UGH We don't want him back! Did they really liken his return to that of Lebron James? Seriously they clearly don't know anything about basketball because Mario Deslaurier is more like the player who sits on the bench getting traded back to a team he used to play on....and he'll still be sitting on the bench now
timefaults

Postby timefaults » Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:26 am

Wait Marks actually already put him on the Nations Cup team for Spruce Meadows Masters :(
timefaults

Postby CHESTNUTMARE79 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:07 am

timefaults wrote: Mario Deslaurier is more like the player who sits on the bench getting traded back to a team he used to play on....and he'll still be sitting on the bench now

I literally thought he had retired :lol:

It's cool, i mean, i always enjoyed watching him...thirty years ago.

He wasn't going to get much team play in the US, and I agree he won't see too much for Canada either. I think the place on the team for spruce is a welcome home courtesy. The real international bench is deep and pretty young.

I wish him well, and maybe he'll surprise everyone.
CHESTNUTMARE79

Postby h-jumper » Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:16 am

Who will make the team ?
Canadian team is all about politics. Eric decides who is with him and the Zieglers buy horses for those lucky contender.
Ian wants to be on the team for Tokyo so he will, and Eric will be on the team until he decides he doesn't wants to. Who will be the two others ?
Tiff just got a new horse and she has a serious string of horses, Yann Candele has serious horse power two and all the support of Eric, Amy Millar has proved her ability to jump clean with Heros and there are some serious upcoming young riders jumping Nations Cups with great results(Ali Ramsay, Francois Lamontagne, Ben Asselin, Elisabeth Gingras, Kara Chad)
h-jumper

Postby lurker » Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:36 am

Didn't he give up his citizenship or does he have dual?
lurker

Postby OldMare » Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:16 am

timefaults wrote:Wait Marks actually already put him on the Nations Cup team for Spruce Meadows Masters :(

Canadian Show Jumping Team Announced for BMO Nations’ Cup at Spruce Meadows ‘Masters’ Tournament

https://www.equestrian.ca/news/mFZTBm2iiztDz9SwF/canadian-show-jumping-team-announced-for?utm_content=buffera3861&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer
OldMare

Postby unhinged » Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:18 pm

Can we have Lucy though? I wonder if she has duel citizenship?
unhinged

Postby OldMare » Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:23 pm

Mario adopted her and her brother after he married her mother. I'm not a lawyer so I don't know if dual citizenship applies.
OldMare

Return to Diva Horse Show News