Derby Final Blahs!

Discuss people, hunters, jumpers, equitation, horses, and ponies.

Derby Final Blahs!

Postby Stace » Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:14 pm

Brilliant front end. Do we really need the white girth cover? So distracting and non-traditional.

Also, just a little tired of watching the Jumpers Turned Hunters for this event. Do we really need a 4'9 hunter division?--which is what this is. That beautiful smooth, ground covering way of going is almost all but lost in the field of horses, looking for that "Brilliant at 4'9" type jump. Not many horses demonstrating that beautiful hunter way of going.

ALSO....people! people!! The Drop Browband is fucking ugly.
Attachments
WEBtoriDSC_2073.jpg
WEBtoriDSC_2073.jpg (211.9 KiB) Viewed 7040 times
Stace

Re: Derby Final Blahs!

Postby wanderwoman » Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:11 pm

Thank you thank you! While I don't agree with ALL your comments, I am excited to see at least someone even discussing. Sad that, other than on Facebook, derby Finals was barely mentioned on the internets. I have less problem with the girth cover than with TC's ill-fitting shadbelly and points. She rode amazing and with such beautiful and classic style, it is a shame she was not better dressed. Liza had nice long shadbelly points to make up for the breeches Lowe in rise thag are currently in fashion. Just as an example.
wanderwoman

Postby el insider » Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:08 pm

tori "mcthighs" should stick to that new found all carpet diet and lay off the mcdonalds.
el insider

Postby Mystara » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:45 am

Stace wrote:Also, just a little tired of watching the Jumpers Turned Hunters for this event. Do we really need a 4'9 hunter division?--which is what this is. That beautiful smooth, ground covering way of going is almost all but lost in the field of horses, looking for that "Brilliant at 4'9" type jump.

Meh, and then 5seconds later someone will be (just as pointlessly) whining about how slow/lethargic/uninterested/cold/drugged-out today's 3'6 hunters are.

So yeahhh, this hearkens back to the if-you-don't-like-it-then-why-are-you-watching-it line of thinking.

el insider wrote:that new found all carpet diet

Why is it that every thread that mentions that, seems to suddenly disappear. Have we found the one line that even Diva won't cross?
Mystara

Postby TrueBlood » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:56 am

Perhaps that girth cover was used in hopes it would also cover that giant hole her spurs left in the horse's sides?
TrueBlood

Postby Market1 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:17 am

I believe most if not all of the Ingram's horses go in white girth covers. Same with all New Hope horses-they all go in white girth covers-WHO cares!
Tori rode a brilliant round, Cuba was fantastic! I feel all of the horses in the final round were amazing to watch. Geoffrey's horse only being 6 years old was fantastic! I am sure someone will make an offer to purchase him that he won't be able to turn down. Can we move on already about Tori-everyone is always criticizing her weight-leave the kid alone! She is only 19!!!!
Market1

Postby unhinged » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:00 am

Tori looked miserable as she left the ring - like she was in a lot of pain - what's up with that?
unhinged

Postby Davignport » Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:21 pm

Does anyone really care about the Hunters anymore??
Davignport

Postby Mystara » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:13 pm

unhinged wrote:Tori looked miserable as she left the ring - like she was in a lot of pain - what's up with that?

Yeah, noticed that too. Poor thing.

Davignport wrote:Does anyone really care about the Hunters anymore??

Ever-increasing purses, millions upon millions spent, and large crowds in attendance.... so gonna go with yeah, they do.
Mystara

Postby wanderwoman » Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:35 pm

I agree she rode brilliantly and I don't see how people can say she is heavy. Horse went amazing too. Sad barely anyone besides amanda steege is even talking about derby finals
wanderwoman

Postby caledonian » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:41 pm

Girth covers have been around longer than fake fleese ones. Covers allow the use of the more traditional leather girth.
And...too much Mickey D's or not Tori had a beautiful round. Her horse was the only one I saw that was balanced on the turns.
caledonian

Postby jilliansnakecharmer » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:46 pm

Wow....I do not know Tori, but from what I saw when I watched the round it was fabulous. I remember using those girth covers back in the day. Amazing how you all beat her down. What a wonderful horse Cuba is. Congrats to his whole team.
jilliansnakecharmer

Postby benzo » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:49 am

She def needed a new shad. Everything was spilling out in between the pants and the points :?
benzo

Postby KarmasA » Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:01 pm

Anything know what happened with Hopes horse Lake of Stars?
KarmasA

Postby Stace » Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:43 am

KarmasA wrote:Anything know what happened with Hopes horse Lake of Stars?

I don't think it was entered, I did not see it listed on any order of go (but perhaps I missed it).
https://ushja.org/programs/ihd/finals_O ... sults.aspx

But, weirdly, I saw a photo on her Facebook page that looks like she was there. Hmmmmmmm.........
Stace

Postby Market1 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:52 pm

Hope was supposed to do the Derby-she was even pictured in the Chronicle. Maybe the horse got hurt? And what about the other Jayne's derby horse-hmmmmm. All derby horses were stabled in the FEI stabling.
Market1

Postby GlendaTGW » Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:19 am

Tried to watch Frenchie but he was having at times to man handle the tank of a horse around. GROSS if that is the future of a DERBY horse some glazed eyed tacky drone NO THANKS
GlendaTGW

Postby Mini » Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:00 pm

I didn't get to watch, what went wrong with Hunt Tosh's round? Chronicle had him as a favorite and he scored very low.
Mini

Postby wanderwoman » Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:08 am

Lead issues for Hunt. Agree on JF
wanderwoman

Postby johnniewalk » Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:49 am

very nice one and thanks for sharing.
johnniewalk

Next

Return to Diva Horse Show News