CP Rolex Grand Prix

Discuss people, hunters, jumpers, equitation, horses, and ponies.

CP Rolex Grand Prix

Postby Bigred » Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:24 pm

2 hard courses, really tested the riders, so exciting to watch !

Does anyone know in a case like Philipp's, where he is a stable jockey, does he get a percentage of the prize money he wins?

Loved how he said it would feed their barn for 1.5 months, really puts that level of show jumping into perspective.
Well done to Philipp and the amazing talent Convall.
Bigred

Re: CP Rolex Grand Prix

Postby Mystara » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:34 pm

Bigred wrote: really puts that level of show jumping into perspective.

It ain't the show jumping that's doing that, it's the politics and the nickel&dime profiteering that has befallen this activity.

And I say "activity" because it can hardly be called a "sport" anymore; talent + athleticism factor so little into what separates the winners from the losers nowadays.
Mystara

Postby Bigred » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:37 am

I wonder if Ludger was insulted when Philipp said that out of the 100 horses at LB's stable, only 2 are decent winners, makes me wonder who the second is .... :lol:

Speaking of 'profiteering', wonder what that comment will do for horse sales at Ludger's place :(

Imagine the audacity of trying to make a profit in 'business' - this level of activity/sport is a business, if you want to play a 'sport', I imagine you'll have to go back to hobby riding, beer leagues and amateur hour ;)

NFL, NHL, MLB, Soccer, F1 = 'for profit' businesses, designed to make money, players are commodities to be bought and sold, just like the GP horse
Bigred

Postby Mystara » Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:19 am

Bigred wrote:Imagine the audacity of trying to make a profit in 'business' - this level of activity/sport is a business, if you want to play a 'sport', I imagine you'll have to go back to hobby riding, beer leagues and amateur hour

...in your zeal to come across as profound, you don't seem to realize that you actually just agreed with me. :lol:
Mystara

Postby 16 Hands » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:17 am

Mystara wrote:
Bigred wrote:Imagine the audacity of trying to make a profit in 'business' - this level of activity/sport is a business, if you want to play a 'sport', I imagine you'll have to go back to hobby riding, beer leagues and amateur hour

...in your zeal to come across as profound, you don't seem to realize that you actually just agreed with me. :lol:
But there's a difference. BiGred understands the realities of the world. You don't.

I suppose you believe Rolex and others who sponsor equine events (and thus help make them possible) do so out of kindness.

Just keep putting your little teeth under the pillow and those big dollars are sure to come that you can use to create your own competition.
16 Hands

Postby Mystara » Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:57 pm

16 Hands wrote:You don't.

Let's not delude yourself there kitten.

I'm aware WHAT direction the sport's going, in terms of funding. I'm aware WHY it's going that way.

I simply don't like THAT it's going that way; and I will express such sentiment with total disregard for how the likes of you might feel about it. :mrgreen:

16 Hands wrote:I suppose you believe Rolex and others who sponsor equine events (and thus help make them possible) do so out of kindness.

I realize that linear logic can be difficult for some..... but please explain how you managed to twist my lamenting that talent is increasing becoming less of a factor determining outcomes; into sponsors could/should/would/must be giving away funding for free!!!! or some inanity like that.

This I've gotta hear.
Mystara

Postby Invested » Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:57 am

" = Mystara"
Let's not delude yourself there kitten.

I'm aware WHAT direction the sport's going, in terms of funding. I'm aware WHY it's going that way.

I simply don't like THAT it's going that way; and I will express such sentiment with total disregard for how the likes of you might feel about it. :mrgreen:

I realize that linear logic can be difficult for some..... but please explain how you managed to twist my lamenting that talent is increasing becoming less of a factor determining outcomes; into sponsors could/should/would/must be giving away funding for free!!!! or some inanity like that.

This I've gotta hear.

Mystara, your anger seems to have corrupted your logic. Your rant is a shotgun blast at the funding and financial structure of the higher end of the sport. Sponsors are certainly a major and in some cases the dominant component. So I too assumed that sponsorship money was a factor that got your undies in a knot.

I suggest you read again your comments and consider how they might be interpreted.
Invested

Postby Mystara » Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:10 am

Invested wrote:Mystara, your anger

Not angry. If anything, it's more a lament. :cry:

Invested wrote:I suggest you read again your comments and consider how they might be interpreted.

I can't control if people have shit for reading comprehension.
Mystara

Postby Invested » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:11 am

Mystar

Yes. it's very obvious you don't have anger problems.
Invested

Postby Mystara » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:27 am

Invested wrote:
Mystar

Yes. it's very obvious you don't have anger problems.

Again, not anger... just honesty. Learn the difference.
Mystara

Return to Diva Horse Show News