Jill Humphrey's CHROMATIC BF, dies at World Cup

In Loving Memory of Mason Phelps Jr
mike hunt

Re: Jill Humphrey's CHROMATIC BF, dies at World Cup

Post by mike hunt »

seems like quite a long trip to bring such an inexperienced bunch of riders. who is the “other girl” from cali ?? and who is the vet ??
Stace

Post by Stace »

mike hunt wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 12:12 pm seems like quite a long trip to bring such an inexperienced bunch of riders. who is the “other girl” from cali ?? and who is the vet ??
Sophia Siegel is also from Cali. I believe the vet that is being referred to is Jack Snyder, however I cannot confirm if he was or was not the vet. While the nasties on here like to throw him under the bus, it should be noted he was the USET Team vet for Tokyon Olympics--without incident. And they keep pointing a finger at him for being in jail, but thats an IRS tax evasion issue, not a malpractice nor animal liability issue. A quick "Google" search would help people from looking like idiots as they post fake news in this situaton.
Stace

Post by Stace »

*TOKYO Olympics.............
Ugh008!!

Post by Ugh008!! »

MD555 wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 9:04 am I will commend Skylar Wiremann for bowing out of the last round after her terrifying second round. It definitely shows that Peter Wylde is being a good trainer and making sure her or the horse don’t get hurt or scared. I can’t say the same about the other girl from California. Thank God she pulled up before she got hurt. But it’s not good for your confidence to not be able to finish. 3 riders from west coast and zero completed. 2 from east coast jumped every round. This clearly demonstrates how much further along the sport is on the east coast.
The East Coast riders are much older than Skylar and Sophia, so yes, they are obviously more experienced.
Ugh008!!

Post by Ugh008!! »

The USA did not send these young girls, they rightfully qualified.
It is hard to gain international experience without competing internationally, and they deserved to be there.
mike hunt

Post by mike hunt »

yes i understand they didn’t just hop a plane and go along. didn’t watch a single round so can’t comment on whether the one round was “frightening” or not i was under the impression that wireman was pretty consistent in her early rounds. there are always more horse shows to attend just seems like quite a long trip to make if they weren’t entirely ready for that level of competition.
Sosweet

Post by Sosweet »

I did not pay terribly close attention. Were they actually the top qualifiers on the West Coast? Or were they the top qualifiers who elected to go, after others bowed out who were higher on the list?

I believe the US had 10 slots for the World Cup final, and they did not come close to filling all of them. So obviously there were people who decided they did not care to attend the event this year.

Regardless, I can’t fault anyone who decides to attend a competition after they qualified for it. I also can’t fault anyone who decides they have had enough of that competition if they feel like their horse is not up to the challenge.
Lol24

Post by Lol24 »

Stace wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:41 pm [quote="mike hunt" post_id=1768 time=<a href="tel:1713701554">1713701554</a> user_id=610]
seems like quite a long trip to bring such an inexperienced bunch of riders. who is the “other girl” from cali ?? and who is the vet ??
Sophia Siegel is also from Cali. I believe the vet that is being referred to is Jack Snyder, however I cannot confirm if he was or was not the vet. While the nasties on here like to throw him under the bus, it should be noted he was the USET Team vet for Tokyon Olympics--without incident. And they keep pointing a finger at him for being in jail, but thats an IRS tax evasion issue, not a malpractice nor animal liability issue. A quick "Google" search would help people from looking like idiots as they post fake news in this situaton.
[/quote]

Don’t know the vet’s name. Jack was not there
MyTruth

Post by MyTruth »

Honestly WTF…

The owner of the horse is the breeder… from the used record… Jill started riding the horse a year ago… and DOES HAVE RESULTS AT 1.50 and 1.60… sure they aren’t your best shot, but it’s not out of the blue…

And from the sounds of it. The horse had a fucking ANURISM! This is horrible the way you talk about people who have reached an incredible goal.

I’m sad for the owners, the horse, and the rider. If you’ve been in this business, you know they are horses and shit happens. I know there’s a great deal of bad shit that goes on in this business, but this doesn’t sound like that to me.
Stace

Post by Stace »

MyTruth wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:16 am I’m sad for the owners, the horse, and the rider. If you’ve been in this business, you know they are horses and shit happens. I know there’s a great deal of bad shit that goes on in this business, but this doesn’t sound like that to me.
I'm still sad, and I can't imagine how the owner breeder feels!!

She updated her April 18th post, chronicling the tragedy and added some commentary (italics and bold):
"....electrolytes by the USET Team veterinarian which we were at the time not informed or aware of.
And: "There is no evidence that his passing was in anyway related to his strenuous and spectacular performance with Jill well over an our earlier or any actions of his own regular caretaking team."

I thought those were interesting additions, and do believe earlier comments here that the electrolytes may have triggered this unnecessary and tragic event. :(