Cent 15

In Loving Memory of Mason Phelps Jr
Baysfordays

Cent 15

Post by Baysfordays »

Does anyone know why the Gibbs family sold cent 15? Jordan is still a young junior and has many more equitation years. Also what an amazing string of horses for Paige Walkenbach…
Hjrider4984

Re: Cent 15

Post by Hjrider4984 »

No idea why they’d do that other than the Walkenbach’s are purely just buying their kids ribbons. Not sure it’s a “competition” when you just go and publicly spend millions on so many horses just so your kid can win. From the outside I think it looks pretty ridiculous. Kid couldn’t make a non-famous horse work imho.
horselover

Post by horselover »

Not sure Jordan rode it well. I know it stopped on her. Agree this is crazy how people buy ribbons but it seems trainers always seem to give the top horses to a rider that has a chance for them as a trainer to win. Just go love your horse and compete to see your growth. Why do you want to buy a made horse and win? doesn't seem like fun to me.
Hjrider4984

Post by Hjrider4984 »

Yes I don’t understand why you’d want to buy Babylon - he’s already won it all with Ariana and John. So what work goes into that for both the next trainer and the rider? But if you look that’s all the Walkenbach’s buy and lease 🤣
Bobby2

Post by Bobby2 »

She did not ride it well. And the horse is getting older, why not find a good match for Cent.
Stace

Post by Stace »

Hjrider4984 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:47 pm Yes I don’t understand why you’d want to buy Babylon - he’s already won it all with Ariana and John. So what work goes into that for both the next trainer and the rider? But if you look that’s all the Walkenbach’s buy and lease 🤣
Walkenbachs are leasing Babylon. I agree with Horselover. How is buying/leasing a made horse any fun? Paige already was winning stuff without these horses. She was in an Eq final without these horses. What's in it for her to have the made horses? More ribbons. I guess.
Sarahdean111

Post by Sarahdean111 »

Babylon and now Cent 15?? That’s just…over the top IMO. Talk about buying your kids success
benzo1

Post by benzo1 »

Hjrider4984 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:47 pm Yes I don’t understand why you’d want to buy Babylon - he’s already won it all with Ariana and John. So what work goes into that for both the next trainer and the rider? But if you look that’s all the Walkenbach’s buy and lease 🤣
it’s a lease, for over a million dollars :?
Hjrider4984

Post by Hjrider4984 »

:roll: Yeah just absurd and buying your kid ribbons. How about you put her on a fancy truly green import and see what she can do :lol: